Wednesday, 25 February 2009

And so it begins...

Day one in the big melvyn house...

Woke up with the usual headache.  I do not know why it is, but the minute I start lent I get a ferocious headache.  It has happened for the last 5 years and I'm used to it now.  I think it has something to do with coffee and the fact my body knows it ain't going to be there for some while.

Took my Berocca and went round to Lucy's and had a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice.  but soon started to feel a bit dizzy through lack of food (I hadn't eaten since the pancakes and that was at about 7:00pm).

So, off to Tesco's to shop.  Now, usually, at this point, I would be chucking in a cooked chicken with a loaf of bread and a bottle of diet coke and think "I'll do a proper shop soon"  So it was quite a change to walk around with a headache trying to buy the right things.

And I did...

















Ah, a pure picture of health!

I was quite chuffed at what I bought.  Plus it was cheaper than a usual 'big shop'  The Nairns oat cakes didn't make it home untouched and the hummus and Ryvita got cracked open pretty soonish too.

Well, I better get back to work, but not before I cook something for myself as I'm feeling wuite low on energy.

I'll pop one more post in before the day is out with my current weight on there.  I know lent is a religious fasting but a lot of people are interested in the physical side of things too so I will weigh myself on Vicki's trusty scales to see what the starting weight is.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic to see someone doing a proper fast. I can't wait to see how you feel...grotty at first and then fabby, I reckon!

    I have a little green bowl I'm using, as I'm already mostly vegan (I backslide with pizza once in a while). It's more than big enough for a serving, if you're not a glutton. Unfortunately, I am, so it'll be good for me to fill and then empty my little green bowl, three times a day. Wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! what an awsome idea! good luck with it, I reckon you can do it.

    I have so much rubbish in my life food wise I need a hefty clear out, however a limited helping would work if I had a stable diet.

    I am excited to see how it turns out this year for me, it varies so much year to year. Got an annoying headache which I always get on lent, so the blog posts might be light until it goes away.

    Cheers for reading!

    ReplyDelete