It's quite strange to think that it's almost over, doesn't seem like almost 6 and half weeks ago since I started.
I got my hair chopped today which was something I promised myself I would get done for Easter. It was almost a year since I last had a hair cut so it is quite odd to have short short hair again. I hope having it cut hasn't lost me my strength!
My housemate, Vicki, and I were having a chat about the end of lent as she has been doing it too, even though she isn't religious she wanted to see what it was like to do it. She mentioned she was worried about Lent being over soon. I know what she means. It's odd to think what it will be like eating the foods you have given up for what seems like a long time. I told her it is a little odd at first. Eating something you haven't been eating through choice feels 'wrong' as your brain puts up a sort of mental block when you get offered / go to eat something on the no no list.
The first few times are almost a novelty, take for instance eating toast (as we have both given up bread as part of Lent). The first time is almost a novelty because you don't actually want / need it but you have some anyway. The next time is kind of a continuation of that. And the third time usually goes like this...
You want some toast. Then you realise you can have some. So you get all giddy that you can actually have it so you do! This might sound odd but it's true. Lent usually lingers on a good while after it has ended but it really makes wanting something and then having it seem so much more outstanding.
Well, there are just 3 more sleeps to go until my first cup of coffee in 6.5 weeks and also a Sunday dinner with meat and gravy. The Sunday dinner will be nice, but I'm not craving it at all. Just the Coffee.
MMM!
No comments:
Post a Comment