Thursday, 16 July 2009

3 month update

Wow! has it only been three months? doesn't feel like it.

Well I thought I would let anyone who finds this know how I have been getting on post lent. One thing I have been doing since Easter Sunday 2009 is eating! I went through a phase of almost being scared to eat anything that wasn't on the lent list.

The first 4 times I ate chocolate I threw it up a few moments later! seriously. However, that passed but I must say I do have chocolate now and again but it doesn't phase me whether I have it or not. I do eat bread a bit more but it's always brown or seeded bread and never in silly quantities like I used to.

My clothes have got a little more snug than they were on Easter Sunday and I seem to be obsessed with checking the looseness of everything I put on and make myself believe I have put on 40 stone. I do need to cut back a little an try to eat regularly and normal sized portions.

So, what have I kept on that I gave up for lent, and more importantly for some of you, how much weight have I gained?

Well, I have not touched one drop of Diet Coke since I stopped lent. I tell a little lie there, I have had a bit of other brand diet cokes, and I mean like a glass here and there, but I haven't had one sip of the ultra lethal Coka Cola Diet coke as that was the 'brand' I was hooked on. If I am out and about and I do have a fizzy drink, it is lemonade.

I also don't binge eat, and have found tahini on Ryvita with Jam is a great way to squash cravings for nasty food.

So, since finishing lent, to date, I have put on ... 5.5 pounds! Which isn't too bad considering that I generally would have put on most of the weight I lost by now. I think this year it has affected me a lot more subconciously in that I can free wheel along without 'trying' to stay away from nasty foods.

I'm averaging around 15 stone and 9 pounds now on a weekly basis so I'm relatively stable at that. I guess to go down more I would need to do another three or four weeks of being strict with myself.

My BMI has gone up A LOT from 27 to 32 which is not good, so I do need to do something. But as I said previously in my blog, the diet side of things is a bi product of doing lent so I guess I will wait till next year to boost myself on another bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment