Wednesday, 4 March 2009

1 week down! 5.5 to go!

Sorry for the amount of exclamation marks in that title, but I am a bit giddy.

Before I get into describing my state I must tell you about Lucy's amazing lent dinner last night.

Holy Cow! it was fantastic.  It was like a Lent Christmas dinner!  So so tasty and just amazing, as always.  Lucy had made a big selection of roasted vegetables including peppers, potatoes (mmmm), carrots and courgettes.  Also, A dish of home made hummus, a salad of lettuce and seeds, lentils and my favourite, sweetcorn fritters!

Honestly, I didn't know what to eat next, it was all so tasty and completely 'my Lent legit'

I must say a massive thank you to Lucy and Simon for having me over and opening my eyes to the delights of what can be done on minimum ingredients.

MMmmm.

Well, one week on and it's all going good.  I have been very busy lately as I mentioned before and lent plus lots of work does not mix.  I basically need to give myself time to prepare and eat food or else it feels like my sugar levels go way down and I feel like someone has injected syrup into my brain (which is also caused by gawking at my computer screen so much each day).

I feel like I have lost a little weight, but I think that may be down to my bowels being completely spring cleaned with only fruit vegetables and fish going into me.

I also feel so much more awake and seem to have a bit more energy, but it has only been one week and my body is probably thinking "Oh yeah, one week, here we go, bring on the chicken burgers" so as I mentioned before, it's usually the 3rd week when I am at optimal thrust.

Well, best go get some musli and then off to do a shop for food as I have almost run out of everything.

Due to being on lent I also usually think a lot more about things and myself which seems to be a natural side effect of fasting, but I haven't had any time to reflect yet, which is annoying, due to work.  I'm hoping in a few days that will all go away and I can focus on the spiritual side of things for a bit.

Don't worry, I won't post much about that here, just thought I'd mention it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment